Follow Zarkonnen On Twitter
    Follow Zarkonnen on Tumblr
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Airships, their building and subsequent blowing up: A game

Website | Forums | Buy ($5)

A real-time strategy game where you design airships and then fight with them. The aim is to have pretty chaotic explodey fights and interesting ship design choices.

At its core, the game is about designing airships and fighting with them. Ships are put together out of modules, and the layout of modules matters a great deal: everything on board is done by individual airsailors who need to run around, ferrying coal, ammunition, water and repair tools - and sometimes their fallen comrades.

You can command fleets of airships both against the computer and against other players across the Internet. (A match-making and ladder service is planned, but right now, you just enter your opponent's IP address.)

In addition, there is a single-player strategic mode, where you use your fleet to conquer city after city, unlocking new modules and bonuses with each of them.

The game has an authentic-ish system of heraldry where you can create your own coat of arms, and register it with the game forums as unique to you.

I've just released an early access version on itch.io for $5.

The game is by no means done or perfectly polished. There's lots of features which I'm planning to add in the near future, such as boarding combat, more modules, varied terrain, etc. I'll be updating this thread as that happens. :)

My Social Networking

Follow Zarkonnen On Twitter
    Follow Zarkonnen on Tumblr
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Today marks the release of the second early access version of Airships. I've been working flat out to improve the game over the last week, and there's some cool new stuff:

Smaller modules

There are now small versions of various ship modules, opening up more ship design space. Previously, the smallest viable ship was about 300 gold. Now it's 90.

Internet multiplayer

There is now a game server where you can create multiplayer games and join others'. Come and measure yourself against other players!

Active enemies in strategic mode

The AI empires now go conquering, which means it's very important to keep your cities defended.

Shouty crew!

The next release is likely to take longer, as I plan to add major new features such as boarding. I also have about a zillion blog posts I want to write about the game, such as some lore things on suspendium and a ship design guide.